Department: Information Technology
Reports to: IT Officer
Duty station: Naryn, Kyrgyz Republic
Deadline: October 10, 2023Summary of the Position:
Reporting to the IT Officer, the IT Assistant performs a variety of moderately multifaceted IT support duties to ensure smooth delivery of technology services. Installs, maintains, tests, and repairs systems and networks. Monitors, operates, or coordinates and assists others in the operation of computer hardware, software, and peripherals in order to achieve desired results. Utilizes computer equipment, software and diagnostic tools to perform a broad range of assistance, production job processing, equipment maintenance and repair and computer operations assignments besides resolving routine technical problems.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Set up and maintain computer, communication and audio-visual equipment (with the supervisor’s coordination);
- Assist faculty and staff with multimedia systems;
- Ensure that all equipment is in good running condition and make sure they are maintained properly and wherever required are repaired;
- Plan routine check-up and maintenance of all equipment and accessories (with the supervisor’s coordination). Analyze equipment performance records in order to determine the need for repair or replacement;
- Keep a log of day to day problems and resolution with the hardware and software;
- Give any kind of basic IT training/ orientation of IT equipment for the staff if required;
- Perform on-site and remote technical support for staff when required. Respond to the request of the staff if help is needed for repair and installation of new hardware or software;
- Maintain storage of equipment; make sure the equipment and accessories are properly stored and tracked;
- Assist in IT equipment inventory management;
- Research the technology environment, evaluate resources to improve systems and network configurations;
- Perform periodic performance reporting to the supervisor to support capacity planning;
- Work closely with the IT staff to provide effective end-user support and issue resolution;
- Maintain communication with the supervisor on all tasks and projects;
- Substitute IT colleagues while they are on leave.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- High education in a related field (IT);
- At least one-year work experience in a field of IT;
- Experience working with computer systems, Hardware and Software.
- Knowledge, Skills and Ability Required
- Excellent customer service skills, with an attitude to learn and improve skills;
- Good team player with the ability to build effective working relationships with colleagues;
- Knowledge of Operation System: Windows 10/2008/2012 (Server & Workstation), Linux.
Good command of written and spoken English as well as Russian is a requirement. Knowledge of Kyrgyz is added value.
How to Apply
Please submit your application (cover letter, CV and contact information of three references) on https://tinyurl.com/32bk4ktbby 10 October 2023.
Applications will be reviewed when received. Early applications are strongly encouraged.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Review other job vacancies at: https://ucentralasia.org/career-opportunities