Are you a fearless thinker? Do you love the challenge of advancing a widely accepted technology? At the DevX, you’ll be responsible for bringing groundbreaking e-learning solutions to the world through videos, practices, community, and more. You’ll design, and develop the next generation of our state-of-the-art education technologies. You’ll collaborate across departments to help craft e-learning solutions that elevate the learner’s experience with DevX products and services. Our goal is to ensure nothing stands in the way of our learners’ dreams to become world-class engineers/designers. If you join us, you’ll help build world-renowned e-learning systems so seamlessly that they almost feel like magic. DevX is looking for someone passionate about joining DevX’s team in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan. The team is responsible for delivering applications and services to build an e-learning ecosystem for aspiring engineers and designers. Do you want to help change the world? We are ready to help you help us grow
DevX Core Values
Back End developers are required to work in teams alongside front end developers, graphic designers, and user experience designers to ensure all elements of web creation are consistent. This requires excellent communication and interpersonal skillsObjectives of this role
Understanding the needs of stakeholders/team and executing tasks
You will be focusing on the development of all backend logic, maintenance, and database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests.Responsibilities:
- Actively participate in the overall application lifecycle.
- Focus on coding and debugging.
- Collaborate with front-end developers.
- Define and communicate technical and design requirements.
- Build a high-quality reusable code that can be used in the future.
- Learn about new technologies and stay up to date with current best practices.
- Conduct tests and optimize performance.
- Train, help, and support other team members.
- Proficient knowledge of a backend programming language and an in-depth understanding of web development.
- Proven experience creating user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments.
- Capability to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system.
- Proven experience managing the hosting environment, which includes database administration and scaling an application to support load changes.
- Ability to set up, and administer backups, data migration, transformation, and scripting.
- Understanding “session management” in a server environment.
- BS in Computer Science or a related field.
- Good understanding of full-stack development
- Experience with relational databases (PostgresSQL), non-relational, NoSQL databases (MongoDB), and various data-storage systems (Cassandra, Elastic, object stores)
- Experience with ORM (Prisma is preferred)
- Web server Nginx (required)
- REST API (knowledge of WebSocket is a plus)
- Familiarity with Git, Docker, CI/CD, Apache Kafka, Apache Spark, AWS, Kubernetes
- Analytical Skills
Location – Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
15 days PTO
Team building activities