StarOfService is a worldwide Marketplace for Services. Our product is adopted in 140+ countries worldwide. Our ambition is to build the largest marketplace for services in the world. We know we can only achieve it by providing the best User Experience, delivered through the best Product and the best Technology.
We are looking for a QA Automation Engineer
- This will be a full-time long term remote freelancing contract (40h/week),
- A good level of English is important and required to work in a multicultural team,
- Ready to jump in the mission ASAP.
You will be focused on project success, team sustainability and growth. The main focus will be on evaluating our web and mobile products. They will participate in communication with other teams and departments, contributing to and taking decisions regarding software testing strategies and approaches.
Qualification and Expertise
As an experienced QA Automation Engineer, we expect that:
- 2+ years of professional experience working as a QA Engineer;
- Ability to write test plans and test strategy documents;
- Ability to understand functional/technical specifications and analyze data;
- Proven experience in defining test strategies, test design and test execution for software product development;
- Capability and experience in working collaboratively with others to achieve a shared goal;
- Hands-on experience in Mobile Application testing (React Native);
- Good knowledge of Selenium and a good understanding of DOM;
- Experience in API testing (REST, GraphQL)
- Good knowledge of SQL, able to build and run basic database queries as needed for testing purposes;
- Knowledge of Git, Jenkins, Doker.
As an experienced QA Automation Engineer you will do:
- Testing our own web and mobile products through a combination of both manual and automated testing techniques;
- Creating and following through on test plans, including writing and executing test cases;
- Regression testing on existing product versions;
- Bug and defect handling, analyzing deviations between the defined and the actual functional behavior, reporting bugs. Root cause analysis.
- Collaborating closely with other agile teams to ensure integration of components;
- Playing an active role in our software development approach by attending team ceremonies, contributing inputs and opinion to planning activities, reviews and retrospectives;
- Taking the mission of helping developers to grow in testing culture (to do evangelization & education of testing to them);
- Defining a plan for your personal development in your own area and pursuing this with the support of your manager.
As a plus
- ISEB / ISTQB certification at foundation level;
- Bachelor's Degree in CS or related field;
- Experience in TDD, continuous integration / continuous delivery;
- Shell scripting and Linux commands.
Terms of the offer and advantages
StarOfservice recruits the best engineers, product designers and builders, and offers the best conditions for making people enjoy their work, and deliver effectively.Paid vacations and sick leaves
By joining us, you will access 25 days of paid vacation / year, and paid sick leaves.
Trial period validation bonus
After 3 months at the company, you will receive an exceptional $500 bonus as a recognition of your trial period validation.
Education and growth
Shipping value is not enough, and we know growth is a part of what every company should offer. For our people - and for the company - we offer the condition for growing:
- By setting every year personalized Personal Development Plans with every employee,
- By proposing a training budget for supporting every employee’s growth.
Application & Selection Process
You can me - Olga - Human Resource Manager at StarOfService, through:
- Skype shvetsolga.p
- Email: [email protected]
Our recruitment process is simple:
- Human Resource interview with StarOfService HR Manager,
- Technical Interview with our QA Team Lead,
- Final Interview with StarOfService CTO/CPO.
More about StarOfService
StarOfService has been funded by famous VCs (Point Nine Capital, Kima Ventures, etc.) from all around the world. The company is also part of TheFamily, the most notorious European Start-Up network.
StarOfService also has world class advisors, among which:
- Frédéric Mazzella, founder of BlaBlaCar,
- Klaus Nyengaard, former CEO of JustEat,
- Oleg Tscheltzoff, former CEO of Fotolia.
You can also find below what the press is saying about StarOfService:
- Check what VentureBeat is saying about us,
- Check what Forbes is saying about.