UMAI is a software provider that helps restaurants to save time and increase revenues by automating manual tasks, minimize last minute cancellations, upsell customers more effectively and provide more personalized service.
This is not a formal corporate role. We are looking for someone who has a “hustle” attitude, who is results driven, who is comfortable with ambiguity, which is a self-starter and has a sense of humor.
Find our Tech Stack (at)UMAI here: https://stackshare.io/umai/tech-stack-at-umai
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable and reliable Ruby code
- Work on all phases of the product life cycle, including integration, tests deployment and refactoring
- Learn new frameworks and apply new design patterns
- Develop patches to fix software bugs on a frequent basis
- Keep updated with the latest innovations and best practices in the industry
- Help maintain code quality, organization and automatization
- Kick butt with a bad-ass team
- At least 2 years of experience in Ruby on Rails development along with other common libraries
- You have experience with AWS
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git and Github
- You have development experience with ReactJS
- You have experience working with SQL such as PostgreSQL
- Experience with Agile development workflows is a plus
- Takes ownership of quality and usability of code, and has the ability to improve it every time you revisit it.
- Ability to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work independently on large, complex code bases
- Good interpersonal, oral, written, and visual communication skills, with the ability to present findings concisely and effectively
- The ability to evaluate matters with a critical mind, and speak up accordingly.
- Opportunity to learn from and work with some of the best entrepreneurs in the region. We give you insights to all relevant aspects of founding a company and the opportunity to build up a meaningful international network
- A dynamic and highly motivated team with flat hierarchies
- Great working atmosphere with an international team coming from 14 nationalities
- Challenging and diversified tasks with direct responsibility
- Direct exposure to the founders and management, working directly with one of the founders
- We will provide the relevant employment pass to work in Malaysia and sponsor your flight. Please make a note that first 1-3 months might be remote due to the travel restrictions.
We thrive on the diversity of our company with a team coming from over 14 different nationalities thus, no matter where you are in the world, we urge you to apply!
If you are interested in this position and would like to become part of the UMAI International team, please apply by sending your CV/resume to [email protected]