customers / year
StarOfService is a worldwide Marketplace for Services. Our product is adopted in 140+ countries worldwide. Our ambition is to build the largest marketplace for services in the world. We know we can only achieve it by providing the best User Experience, delivered through the best Product and the best Technology.
We are looking for a Senior PHP Symfony developer
- This will be a full-time long term remote freelancing contract,
- A good level of English is important and required to work in a multicultural team,
- Ready to jump in the mission ASAP.
You will be working mostly with PHP (in Symfony) and MySQL, but there will be many opportunities to work on other technologies. As we are transitioning to a microservices-oriented architecture, our technology stack has become quite varied:
- Databases: MySQL (mostly), PostgreSQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB, ElasticSearch, Redis
- Microservices: Kubernetes, Docker
- Cloud: we run everything in AWS, so you will use S3, SQS, SNS, etc.
- APIs: JSONAPI, GraphQL
- Git: we use both Gitlab and Github, with code reviews on all pull requests
- TDD: phpunit
- Other tools: Jenkins, Slack, Basecamp, JIRA, Confluence, Postman
Besides of technical knowledge, having following qualities will be definitely a BIG PLUS:
- Positive mindset
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Collaborative team player
- Responsibility and independence
- Readiness to share your experience with less experienced developers
- Eagerness to improve processes of any kind
As an experienced Sr PHP Symfony developer, we expect that:
- PHP / MySQL native speaker - 5+ years of experience
- Already implemented a standard REST API
- Good knowledge of Symfony
- Mastery of GIT
- Good knowledge of OOP and Design Patterns
- Solid knowledge of automated testing best practices - both unit and functional
- Knows how to work with Docker / Docker Compose
- Good experience with Twig and PHP templating
- Experience with Kubernetes
Terms of the offer and advantages
StarOfservice recruits the best engineers, product designers and builders, and offers the best conditions for making people enjoy their work, and deliver effectively.Paid vacations and sick leaves
By joining us, you will access 25 days of paid vacation / year, and paid sick leaves.
Trial period validation bonus
After 3 months at the company, you will receive an exceptional $1000 bonus as a recognition of your trial period validation.
Education and growth
Shipping value is not enough, and we know growth is a part of what every company should offer. For our people - and for the company - we offer the condition for growing:
- By setting every year personalized Personal Development Plans with every employee,
- By proposing a training budget for supporting every employee’s growth.
Application & Selection Process
You can me - Olga - Human Resource Manager at StarOfService, through:
- Skype shvetsolga.p
- Email: [email protected]
Our recruitment process is simple:
- Some general questions from StarOfService HR Manager,
- Technical Interview with our Back-end Team Lead,
- Final Interview with StarOfService CTO/CPO.
More about StarOfService
StarOfService has been funded by famous VCs (Point Nine Capital, Kima Ventures, etc.) from all around the world. The company is also part of TheFamily, the most notorious European Start-Up network.
StarOfService also has world class advisors, among which:
- Frédéric Mazzella, founder of BlaBlaCar,
- Klaus Nyengaard, former CEO of JustEat,
- Oleg Tscheltzoff, former CEO of Fotolia.
You can also find below what the press is saying about StarOfService:
- Check what VentureBeat is saying about us,
- Check what Forbes is saying about.