We’re a pan-European digital wealth manager with over 80,000 active investors (growing fast!) and over £2 billion on our platform. With 170+ people across 3 offices in Italy and the UK, we’re supported and funded by Poste Italiane, Cabot Square Capital and Allianz.
In this role you will be a Scala developer in one of our cross-functional development team. Likely technical challenges you will be facing in your first year at Moneyfarm will be related to adapting the architecture of our systems with strong customer growth in mind, and to enhancing our value proposition.
– Together with your team, you own the development, maintenance and non-functional aspects of some of Moneyfarm core systems. e.g. our trading and billing systems.
– Continually work to improve the way that your team works together.
– When needed, research and evaluate new approaches and technologies, and demonstrate their value.
– Mentor and support your more junior colleagues, using your experience to help them.
– Work closely with colleagues from around the wider engineering team to define and evolve our systems architecture.
– Own the production operation and non-functional aspects of the systems you create.
– Work closely with your team’s Engineering Lead and Product Manager to design upcoming projects for the team.
– Scala commercial experience is highly preferred, but not essential provided you have strong transferable skills, e.g. Java 8+, Kotlin, functional programming, etc. (5+ years experience)
– Proven track record of delivering projects successfully
– Able to communicate effectively in English (written and spoken)
Will be a plus:
– Experience in React
– BSc in Software Engineering or Computer Science or higher degree
– Experience working with microservices architectures, event streaming systems and cloud providers
– Kafka, Kubernetes and AWS knowledge
– A good understanding of agile methodologies (particularly Kanban/Lean), their principles and their ceremonies.
– Knowledge of Italian
Suitable candidates from any country except the Russian Federation and Belarus