Scalio is a global digital product agency headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Orange County, Atlanta, and Sydney. Founded in 2011, we design, build and scale high-usability, high-performance custom software for mobile, web, AR, wearables, connected devices, & emerging technologies.
We're cross-functional technology experts, experienced in building large-scale systems, platforms, and services for leading brands such as Google, Uber, Shell, Yahoo, Monster, Intuitive Surgical, Digg and 23andMe. We’ve partnered with numerous international organizations, think tanks, and NGOs to develop innovative technology for global markets.
We’re passionate technologists who don’t just embrace change, we create it. Over 600 projects shipped and 30 industries later — we’re just getting started.
About The Role
We are seeking a talented Web Designer to join our growing Creative Services department. This is a remote, full-time ****position with exciting opportunities to grow within a diverse team.
You’ll help us build creative and engaging website experiences for some of Silicon Valley’s hottest startups and technology companies, in areas like financial technology (finTech), crypto, blockchain, NFT’s, real estate, medical technology (medTech) and media entertainment.
You’ll collaborate with a team of creative directors, product designers, product managers, project managers and engineers.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Basic English proficiency, basic written English comprehension, and the ability to conduct a basic interview in English
- Minimum three years of experience in a digital interactive or visual designer role with an understanding of current web user design paradigms across all platforms (desktop and mobile), with a great sense of typography, illustration and visual composition
- A world class portfolio of exceptional web design work, showcasing a variety of styles and product types.
- Power user of web design and prototyping tools such as: Figma, Sketch, InVision, Adobe Creative Cloud (notably Photoshop & Illustrator) and Miro
- Ability to work collaboratively with stakeholders, designers, clients and alongside cross-functional teams to drive flawless execution, including ability to review creative briefs, ask the right questions, brainstorm and engage in productive planning discussions to produce the best creative output that is on brand and on strategy
- You're a master of branding principles and how they apply from a marketing perspective
- Proficiency in tracking your work in project management such as JIRA
Nice to have:
- Strong verbal and written English skills
- Self-starter with proven experience in owning projects and clients
- Ability to seek out and evangelize the latest creative UX design trends, individuals, work, techniques, and technologies, and embrace change
- Passion for user-centered design and creating excellent user experiences rather than screens or pages
- Self-motivating, independent, and committed to getting things done
- You have a love for technology; an ability and passion to understand hi-tech products from the inside out
- Bonus points for having working familiarity with UI kits and design systems
- Bonus points for hands-on skills in illustration, infographics, 3D, motion graphics, video, storyboarding, and in-house experience
- Bonus points for any candidate that may have a formal credential in design or technology from a recognized education program or university.
In a typical day, you will:
- Partner with an experienced creative director and other talented designers to conceptualize, design, present and execute forward-thinking creative digital design and web experiences, including websites, microsites, landing pages, newsletters, and more
- Collaborate with clients, engineering, marketing and product teams to develop full range of digital content.
- Create conceptual wireframes and design from existing wireframes
- Deliver beautiful finalized, full fidelity design comps for implementation
- Manage creative asset production across multiple projects
- Understand and demonstrate principles of web and graphic design for layout, production, typography, and photography
- Use meticulous attention to detail as it applies to the application of a client’s brand guidelines, or Scalio internal design guidelines
- You'll create in a non-linear and agile method
- Collaborate with and present web design concepts to cross-functional teams using words and visuals
- Work with a variety of clients including Fortune 500 and leading tech companies.
- Learn from close-knit team of engineers, designers and entrepreneurs who started their careers at some of Silicon Valley's most innovative companies including Apple, Google, Twitter, King, GSN Games (now Scopely) and YouTube.
- Competitive salary
- Full time remote position
- 30 days of vacation each year
- Flexible working hours
Please send your CV and portfolio to [email protected]
Only communication and resumes that are submitted in English will be considered.
We kindly ask agencies not to bother applying.