StarOfService is a worldwide Marketplace for Services. Our product is adopted in 140+ countries worldwide. Our ambition is to build the largest marketplace for services in the world. We know we can only achieve it by providing the best User Experience, delivered through the best Product and the best Technology.
We are looking for a Strong Junior Infrastructure developer
- This will be a full-time long term remote freelancing contract,
- A good level of English is important and required to work in a multicultural team,
- Ready to jump in the mission ASAP.
Qualification and Expertise
As a Strong Junior Infrastructure developer, we expect you have:
- Software development experience with any language (we use Golang, Python and Ruby);
- Experience with Linux (being able to investigate OS and application performance issues);
- Basics of Linux shell scripting (shell, bash);
- Understanding main network protocols and principles (IP, TCP vs UDP, HTTP);
- Desire to grow as Infrastructure/Cloud/DevOps engineer (strong motivation is the key factor for being successful in this position);
- English: written and verbal.
As a Strong Junior Infrastructure developer, you will do:
- Support and development of our Infrastructure platform (including our internal PaaS);
- Development of a monitoring system based on Prometheus+Grafana and some other services (this point will take a major portion of your time during the first year);
- Working with software developers and software engineers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended.
As a plus
- Experience with configuration and management of web servers (Apache, Nginx, etc);
- Amazon Web Services;
- Experience in working with monitoring systems;
- Configuration management systems (Chef, Ansible, Puppet).
Terms of the offer and advantages
StarOfservice recruits the best engineers, product designers and builders, and offers the best conditions for making people enjoy their work, and deliver effectively.
Paid vacations and sick leaves
By joining us, you will access 25 days of paid vacation/year, and paid sick leaves.
Education and growth
Shipping value is not enough, and we know growth is a part of what every company should offer. For our people - and for the company - we offer the condition for growing:
- By setting every year personalized Personal Development Plans with every employee,
- By proposing a training budget for supporting every employee’s growth.
Application & Selection Process
You can ping- Olga - Human Resource Manager at StarOfService, through:
- Skype shvetsolga.p
- Email: [email protected]
Our recruitment process is simple:
- Interview with StarOfService HR Manager,
- Technical Interview with our Infrastructure Lead,
- Final Interview with StarOfService CTO/CPO.
More about StarOfService
StarOfService has been funded by famous VCs (Point Nine Capital, Kima Ventures, etc.) from all around the world. The company is also part of TheFamily, the most famous European Start-Up network.
StarOfService also has world class advisors, among which:
- Frédéric Mazzella, founder of BlaBlaCar,
- Klaus Nyengaard, former CEO of JustEat,
- Oleg Tscheltzoff, former CEO of Fotolia.
You can also find below what the press is saying about StarOfService:
- Check what VentureBeat is saying about us,
- Check what Forbes is saying about.